I love MST3K. During its original run, I never missed an episode. And, from ’92 to ’95, I recorded every episode on VHS. Sadly, most of those tapes have been lost over the years, but I do still have a few of them somewhere in my storage closet.

One of the remaining tapes is a recording of episode 307, Daddy-O. Daddy-O‘s accompanying short is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Back in the olden days before YouTube, I used to pull out the tape and watch the short at least once a week. It’s a masterpiece of lolz. Pure silly witty fun from start to finish. I know every word and every scene by heart, but I still laugh myself silly each time I watch it. Mes amis, I give you “Alphabet Antics“:

____________

Some of my favorite quotes:

Crow: “It’s a child farm!”

Tom Servo: “”Once”? O is for “Once”? What, was there a writers strike?”

Creepy Lady Narrator: “Q is for the queer, queer pelican / Whose beak can hold more than his belican!”
Joel: “P is for plagiarism from Ogden Nash!”

Tom Servo: “Yeah, well, Y is for Yanni, as far as I’m concerned.”

Crow: (imitating the Creepy Lady Narrator): “I hope we’ve touched you with a little bit of our evilness.”

____________

& Be sure not to miss the kitteh version of Miss Havisham! :)

13 Responses to “Alphabet Antics”!

1. Jacob Harris says:

from one mst3k fan to another, mst3k will never die. Even now, as I type this, I’m watching Gamera vs Barragon XD

One of my favorite quotes is from Final Justice with THE SHERIFF Joe Don Baker – Mike: “We have to cross the river into Italy!”

what were some of your favorite skits or invention exchanges?

P.S. http://www.justin.tv/mst3k2#/w/1084393520/19
    Best source for streaming mst3k. Jus sayin. ^

2. I wanted to press play on the kitten but I couldn’t!! :( Is there supposed to be a PLAY button?

3. thabutcha says:

This show was fantastic. Funnier than Beavis and Butthead, but never got its due beyond that of a cult following.

4. Functional Atheist says:

The narrator is surely a Stepford wife.

As a kid, I quite enjoyed the pulpy stylings of Ira Levin: The Boys from Brazil, The Stepford Wives, Rosemary’s Baby. One of those authors who sell a kajillion books in their lifetime, but are seldom read by subsequent generations.

My brain is weird. I wager no more than one in a thousand viewers of this clip would reminisce about Ira Levin in response. Probably far fewer. Thanks for the memories.

5. David says:

Not bragging or anything, but I have the autographs of the entire cast! Ok, I am bragging…

• That’s awesome! I used to be a member of the fan club back in the day (I can’t remember what it was called), and I also wrote them a couple of letters, hoping to get one read on the air. Yes, I was a nerdy girl :)

6. AllStevie says:

That show literally changed my life. 1st ep I ever saw is still my fave: Sidehackers. I can crack myself up any time, no matter what, just thinking about it.

7. daithidublin says:

That show never aired in Ireland or England. So I first came across it when the movie was released on video over here. I remember playing it to death at the time, but lost it since then. I didn’t even know there was a series until recently.
    Thanks to Jacob Harris, I can now do some catching up.

8. You guys might enjoy this Wiki: http://mst3k.wikia.com/wiki/Mystery_Science_Theater_3000_Wiki It’s really informative and great fun for us MST3K nerds

9. pete says:

MCCLOUD!

• Hahaha! YES! The MCCLOUD! thing is one of the most hilarious MST3K bits ever. And thank Ceiling Cat for YouTube, as someone compiled some of the MCLOUD!s into one video. Hahaha! Omg I love this, and I love that damn show:

MCCLOUD!

Omg I died from lolz. BRB.

Edit: aw crap, embedding is disabled on it. The video can be found here.

• pete says:

On the originally posted clip I couldn’t tell if he had said “Yanni” or “yawning” and I swear to Jebus the least critical part of my mind glossed over it with, “What’s the difference?”