- Resume & Such
- Media: Interviews & Appearances
- Links & Resources
Hi there! It’s been a while, I know.
I’ve been teaching, planning, writing, reading, listening to hours upon hours of “Rat Pack Radio” on Pandora, etc. etc. etc.
Oh, and I went to Washington D.C. a couple of months ago. That was pretty amazing. I mean, the Library of Congress and the National Gallery of Art? Swoooooon. (I’ll post some photos soon.) And I’m going to Denver next week and to Las Vegas in July. Yay travelling!
So, a few things:
1) As I mentioned, I’m headed to Denver next week. I’m going to visit my friends, whom I’ve dubbed The Cool Colorado Kids, and I also get to do a talk at SkeptiCamp Denver on May 5th. Yay! I’m excited & grateful for the opportunity. SkeptiCamps are awesome. They’re the brainchild of my friend Reed Esau, who is perhaps the coolest of the Cool Colorado Kids. Anyway, my talk is called (or, well, will be called, as I’m not done working on it yet) “Pragmatic Rhetoric for Idealistic Skeptics”. I’ll probably be talking about similar ideas on the humanities panel at TAM 2012 in July, but I’m not sure yet.
2) I’ll try to blog here more often. Having a clear focus helps me, so I’ll probably stick to writing about rhetoric, writing, teaching, critical thinking, skepticism, and such (I’m currently quite enamored with and fascinated by the concept of “the rhetorical situation” and I’ll most likely be posting about it soon). I’ve also started using Tumblr again (well, there’s nothing there yet, but…), and you can find me at mirandaceleste.tumblr.com. It will be a blog-ish place for me to fill with fun posts about lovely/pretty/swoon-worthy/poignant/delectable/wonderful things that I like.
3) Speaking of rhetoric (well, it’s sort-of-related, at least), here are a couple of my favorite Ryan Gosling “Hey girl…” meme images from the “Rhet/Comp Ryan Gosling” Tumblr. Hee! (& Here’s a list of other Ryan Gosling “Hey girl…” Tumblrs):
4) I can’t stop listening to Sinatra’s “My Way” lately ♥. Here’s a fantastic performance of it from 1969:
More soon! Thanks for reading ♥